Fields marked with an * are required
Thank you for your interest in the Celebra las Aves Internship! Once you begin this application process, you will not be able to save it for later completion. In order to apply, you must be 18 to 25 years old at the start of the internship, identify as Latino or Hispanic, prepared to work 32-40 hours/week, and able to attend a required a weeklong training session at the beginning of March. All transportation and expenses will be paid to the training and to work sites. Monthly stipends earned amount to $1,200. Please visit the site descriptions to learn more about the location and responsibilities.
To learn more about the sites and the job descriptions, please choose "sites" from the menu bar.
1. Please Provide your name & current address
Which internship site are you applying for? (You can check more than one)
2. The America's Great Outdoors stipend requires interns to be of Latino/Hispanic/Chicano descent between the ages of 18-25
3. Educational Background
4. Please list coursework applicable to this internship
5. Please tell us your level of Spanish language ability
6. Please list any previous summer jobs, internships, volunteer hours, student group membership, and/or community activities you have been involved in and the dates of your participation.
7. List year and name of any scholarships or awards you have earned.
8. EFTA's minority internship program is dedicated to increasing the number of Latino/Hispanics in the field of environmental sciences, environmental education, and bird conservation. One goal of the program is to involve Latino families in informal science education programs at natural areas, such as parks and wildlife refuges. Please discuss any experience you have with volunteering/working with Latino communities that may be relevant for this internship. (Please limit to fewer than 250 words)
9. How did you hear about this internship?
10. Why are you interested in becoming a Celebrate Las Aves Intern?
11. Reference 1: Please provide contact information for a reference.