So two weeks ago, we had finished up macro samples and had to fight with a new program for submitting the bug samples into the bug lab in Utah. After trying for four days with the entire process, I finally got ahold of the bug lab and sent out all 52 of the 20oz sample bottles with bugs in them and was able to email the data in. This was a weight lifted off our shoulders because now  we’re able to concentrate on our shorebirds surveys and outreach for a little while until we start macros agin in the second week of August.

Among all this we also set up a date to do an all day hike up to Red Lake for a Big Horn Sheep survey. We also were able to take out SCC (Southwest Conservation Core) to the Blanca Wetlands and up to Zapata Falls for lunch.  We played a shorebird conservation game that all the kids really got into. The group was nothing but teenagers and I thought for sure they would not play the games, but they really got into it and gave it its full respect which was nice!

.outreach picoutreach pic 2

Categories: Uncategorized

%d bloggers like this: